Sunday, June 4, 2023

Photos of Port Washington

 

I forgot to mention that on Friday, Travalon and I went for a fish fry at Kavanaugh's with two of our neighbors. The big excitement this morning was that on the way to Mass, Travalon said, "Oh! I have to watch the speed limit!" so then he was going really slowly. I said, "This can't be right - keep up with traffic," but then his speedometer said 48, and the speed limit was 35. He said, "My speedometer is broken!" and I said, "No, it's set to KPH, not MPH." Somehow when he fixed the tire light yesterday, he also flipped the speedometer to kilometers instead of miles. Oddly, we couldn't find how to fix this in the manual, but he figured it out somehow, so crisis averted. Then he left to visit his mother and watch a small town amateur league baseball game while I took a long walk in the Arboretum with Kathbert. It's been awhile since I've been there, and I think I got us good and lost, but it's not that big so eventually we found our way back to my car. I took this photo of wild irises there.


Here are some photos Travalon took of Port Washington with his good camera.







This is a really big fish.










As you can see, Port Washington is very maritime. The guy who comes to Night Prayer who lives in Oregon says his sister lives in Port Washington, and so he knew there was an art fair there yesterday. He said it used to be a shabby little fishing village, but now it's all upscale. Even my uncle from Colorado has a connection to it, because a friend of his moved there to open a brewery. It seems everyone has a reason to visit Port Washington!


Famous Hat

No comments: