Friday, June 9, 2023

Fish Fry with Jilly Moose

 

Today I had to go to the DMV to get a new license, and after all that waiting in line, I didn't even get a new license! I got a paper receipt to use as one until the new one arrives in the mail in two to four weeks. Of course, I have only myself to blame for not noticing that my previous license had expired. They charged me $5 extra because it was expired. I'll have to remember in late 2030 to go get a new one before it expires at the start of 2031 - better get that on my calendar now.

It was a quiet day. I walked with my neighbor, and she took this photo of roses in our neighborhood.


The big excitement was that we almost ran right into the crane family with two colts while out walking. They were on the other side of a big pickup truck, so we didn't notice them until we almost collided with them. One of them made a warning sound, and we looked up, saw them, and quickly moved to the other side of the street. Since they know who we are, they are polite to us and warn us. I'm not interested in messing with the cranes, so I heed their warnings.

In the evening Jilly Moose came over right before Travalon got home, then we all went to Brothers 3. They said there was a twenty minute wait for a table, so we sat at the bar for well over half an hour before they got us a seat outside. Travalon and I had a cup of seafood soup, since our waitress told us the kitchen was so backed up, and then later they comped us the soup because we had such a long wait. It was lovely sitting outside, and I heard a song I'd never heard before, "Apollo" by St. Paul and the Broken Bones, that I will add to my playlist. What are all these great songs I keep hearing at bars that never get played on the radio? I need to get out more because otherwise I will never hear them!


Famous Hat


No comments: