Sunday, June 27, 2021

Beautiful Evening Boat Ride

 

Today I didn't have much time between our condo board meeting and my Irish class, so Travalon and I went for a hike on Governor's Island. Travalon didn't bring his good camera, but he did take a few photos. This is a woodpecker we saw.


We also saw a lot of ducks.


Then we went to Cherokee Marsh, and I took this photo of tick clover.


Travalon took photos of the marsh itself.



It's hard to see in this photo, but there's a really cool dragonfly with checkered wings.


For some reason our hurried hikes when I didn't have much time made me think of a walk we had taken in a neighborhood some time ago, and at first Travalon didn't remember. He asked when, and I said at least five years ago, in warm weather. Then he started to remember that it was in Middleton, but we couldn't remember why we decided to go for a walk there. When we got home, I checked this blog, and it actually happened in February of 2019, but it seemed further away in time because everyone's timing got messed up by the pandemic - at least, that's what my neighbor said when I told her. Why I remembered it as having happened in good weather is beyond me, but it was probably a lovely day for February, and the reason we took a walk at such a random location is that we were heading out to Sauk to look for eagles, but it was so foggy that we figured it wasn't safe to drive out of town, so we just took a walk close to where we were when we made that decision.

After Irish class, Travalon and I took a long, lovely boat ride on the lake. The clouds were so beautiful.


Here's my favorite captain at the helm of our baidean!


I took some selfies too, but they were all pretty bad. This is the least bad one, although I liked the one okay where I wasn't smiling, but nobody else likes those.


Then we watched the Bucks beat the Atlanta Hawks in the third game in their series. This was a road game, so that's good news, but they lost the first game in the series, which was a home game. Anyway, they are looking really good, especially Middleton, and Giannis forced some turnovers, so maybe this will be their year.


Famous Hat

No comments: