Monday, June 7, 2021

Perfect Baseball Weather?

 

If football announcers were describing my underwear situation:

"She has a lot of depth at the underpants position, but she really needs to draft some bras. And some of her socks are getting near retirement age, and I'm seeing gaps in their performance, so she should consider drafting some young talent at that position as well."

Travalon got us Mallards tickets behind home plate for tonight, but then the weather app on my phone kept saying there were going to be thunderstorms. When I told the neighbor I walk with, she said her app said no thunderstorms tonight, so I looked again, and sure enough, my weather app also just said it would be overcast but no storms or even rain. This is good news for the game, but it does mean I really need to get over to my garden and water it, because I can’t be lazy and rely on the rain to do the work for me. Also, yesterday I got some pepper plants and a bunch of seeds, so I really have to get them into the ground. (I meant to go yesterday evening, when maybe it would be a little cooler, but somehow I never got over there.) And I REALLY need to weed. They keep sticking these ominous pink flags in my garden plot, and I pull them out, but then another one appears, and I’m assuming it’s because the weeds are more prominent than the actual wanted plants. They made us plant so darn early this year under threat of forfeiting our plots that my ground cherries wilted after the night in the 30’s last week. I haven’t been able to find more ground cherry plants to replace them, but when I examined them closely, all three appeared to be growing new leaves, so maybe I don’t need new plants. Maybe the three plants will recover, and maybe the Mallards game will go on tonight. (Yesterday they sent an email about the game later in the afternoon, saying it was “perfect baseball weather.” Sure, if you like to sit right in the sun while it’s 90 degrees out. Their ticket sales must have been slow.) Maybe tonight will actually be perfect baseball weather. Stay tuned…  


Famous Hat


No comments: