Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Videos of Impressive Trains

 

I feel so lucky that I get to practice with my band again. We are playing for Make Music Madison on the 21st (the Solstice), which is always an unpaid gig, but usually we do get a few tips. This year we are playing in the same place we practice, my bandmate's driveway which is on a side street, so we probably won't get much of an audience. After all, we don't always attract much attention while practicing, although today a neighbor came out with her baby boy and listened to us a little. It hardly matters to me, I just enjoy making music with others. It would probably be just as wonderful to sing again with others, but our choir director has retired, and my OTHER choir director is now Catholic and the director of music at our parish, but his choir will be at the other church in our parish, and at the 11 am Mass. If I'm not going to go to my church of many years, then I might as well just go to the local church that Travalon prefers anyway.

As promised, here are the train videos. This first one is of the train in Dubuque, as viewed from the Dubuque Monument in the Mines of Spain State Park. It is so, so, so long, and all the cars seem to be identical. I've never seen anything like it here in Madtown. Part of the train was still running beneath us as the engines (there are at least three) pulled into downtown Dubuque.


And here is the video of the train coming from Savannah, Illinois and passing under the overlook at Mississippi Palisades State Park. It is a far more interesting train, and going a lot faster.


Compare these to the videos I have posted of the little baby trains putt-putting through our neighborhood! These are some serious trains. The one in Savannah even appeared to be carrying a lot of the back parts of semi trucks, and honestly, isn't moving goods by trains a lot more efficient than moving them by semi trucks? In my dreamworld, you could get almost anywhere by train, and all your stuff would come to you via train. Hardingfele just went to visit Rockstar Taylor (who is now well into her college career) in the Twin Cities, and she took a train and LOVED it. And who wouldn't? Trains rock!


Famous Hat

No comments: