Thursday, June 3, 2021

Trains in Galena

 

There was something I was going to blog about today, but it has completely escaped me. Instead, I will post some more train videos. The neighbor I walk with is as crazy about trains as I am, and today she went to Galena and sent me two videos of trains there.



We saw trains in Galena too. It seems like there are tons of them in that part of the world. Still, nothing beats seeing them from way above like we did from the Dubuque Monument and the Mississippi Palisades overlook. As Travalon said (I think this got edited out of the video because the visual part at that moment was a bit sketchy), "It's like looking at a model train!" Galena is built on a hill, so there is probably a spot from which you can look down and see the trains below you. I have to admit that I don't know exactly where in Galena my neighbor was when she made these videos. She seems dangerously close to the train, but maybe she's above it and zooming in. I'll have to grill her for details soon. Enjoy!


Famous Hat

No comments: