Friday, June 25, 2021

Parades of Horses

 

My neighbor went to Indiana Dunes State Park, which I have never been to, and she highly recommended it. Here's a photo she took of the shoreline.


It does look beautiful. While she was there, she also saw a passenger train pass by:


Sometimes when you remember something as wonderful and then you finally see it again, it disappoints you, but other times it lives up to your memory. When I was about seven, I drew a parade of horses, all sorts of horses, like one was a carousel horse and another was a cartoony horse, and a third was a stylized one that almost looked like a tattoo or something. They vanished, as all my drawings did, and so when I was about twelve, I tried to reproduce the Parade of Horses. That also vanished, and then when I was around thirty, Ma Hat showed me a box of my childhood drawings, and I remembered them all, but especially the two Parades of Horses, which were just as wonderful as I'd remembered. For some reason she didn't give me the drawings at that time, and when I've asked for them since then I haven't gotten them, so I'm afraid the Parades of Horses may only exist in my memory now. I would create a third Parade of Horses, but my artistic skills aren't what they once were. In my adult life, I focused more on my musical talents than my visual artistic skills, probably because music is a social pursuit while visual art is more of an individual one. But if the Parades of Horses miraculously reappear, I will post them here.



Famous Hat

No comments: