Sunday, June 20, 2021

Street Fest Redux

 

Yesterday I dressed all hippie chick for my second attempt at Street Fest.


(I didn't wear the hemp hat because it was too warm for such a hot day.) Travalon headed for Oconomowoc and swimming in Palmyra, while I met Tiffy downtown. My original plan was for us to have lunch at the cafe on the Monona Terrace, but she wanted to eat at Himal Chuli. It was packed, so we went to the Globe, where we found a spot outside in the shade. The proprietor and his wife are going to have a baby boy next month! How exciting! After lunch, Tiffy and I walked to the Monona Terrace and had a cold beverage overlooking the lake. Three women asked if we would take their picture, so I did, and then they returned the favor, but I'm not sure why they took this photo of Tiffy and me getting into place.


How about this one? Almost ready!


This one is much better, but I still look like a dork, having to hold my hat on so it didn't blow off.


Then we walked down the path along John Nolen to a poke restaurant right where Willy Street starts, because Tiffy seemed to remember that we got bubble tea there once. They didn't have bubble tea, but they had green milk tea, which was delicious, so we sat inside to cool off while drinking it. Then we walked back downtown, and by then Rich was free, so we talked about where we could go on Atwood, but Tiffy didn't want beer pie. "It's too hot," she said. "I don't want a rich dessert. I want ice cream." I said there was an ice cream place on Atwood, but she said let's just go to David's Jamaican on Monona Drive and come back to Atwood. So we headed there, but they are only doing takeout right now, and we didn't have a place in mind to take the food, so we went to an Indian restaurant just down the road, and Travalon joined us there. That was delicious, and Tiffy and I had pistachio ice cream to end the meal. Then she and I sat on the roof of her sister's apartment building to enjoy the sunset.



Travalon pointed out that we could have gone to the East Side Club to watch the sunset, and that would have counted for Atwood. So we didn't get to Atwood this time, and technically the first time we didn't go anywhere on John Nolen Drive, so Street Fest hasn't happened perfectly yet. That's okay, it was still a ton of fun both times.

This morning Tiffy and the Single B-Boy joined the usual crowd for brunch, then Travalon and I went to Fair Trade Coffeehouse to get coffee to brew at home and these decadent mocha chillers to drink in the back garden. After that we went to a store that shall remain nameless, where Travalon got sea salt and lime chocolate bars, and I found this misspelling that they claim nobody else had pointed out in two years:


To be fair, Sagittarius is a very difficult word to spell. After that we went to Burnie's Rock Shop on the way home, and I got these little globes of amethyst and fluorite.


It rained all day (which is a GOOD thing), so Travalon and I went to walk at the mall. We walked around it twice at the healthy clip of seven calories per minute, then we poked around in the shops. Last time my game was to see how many rosaries I could find there, and I could still find quite a few, but this time my game was to see how many astrology things I could find. To my surprise, the only things I found were some books at the bookstore, and they were all pretty lame. I didn't buy anything at the mall, but Travalon did buy a few books.

This evening the Night Prayer crew got together to watch a video of a play at APT, with various Shakespeare characters like Falstaff, Cleopatra, Othello, and Juliette stuck together because of the plague. We had a potluck beforehand, but that was a more recent development, and some people didn't read email all weekend because they were busy doing Street Fest, so they showed up empty-handed. Oops! By the time we got done, we wouldn't have had time to get home to do Night Prayer at the usual time, so we just did it in person again. I really enjoy that. This was at the Diocesan Center, and they were giving away books, so I took one about Byzantine Catholicism. Not sure when I'll read it, because right now I'm busy reading the book A Christmas Story is based on, called In God We Trust - All Others Pay Cash. So far it's hilarious.


Famous Hat


No comments: