Monday, May 31, 2010

Sock Monkey Socks

Today I went kayaking for the first time, and all I can say is how did I live all these years without doing it before? Now I love canoeing, but kayaking is even more fun. You're closer to the water, and you get more water on yourself while paddling, and best of all, you don't have to cooperate with anyone. (I must not be a cooperator by nature.) I went with a friend who owns two kayaks, and we paddled around a lake which some of my nuttier religious acquaintances insist on calling Angel Lake, with bluffs looming on either side. It was a perfect Memorial Day, and then we had lunch sitting on a patio overlooking the river, which was even perfecter. I'm sure the crowd biking out to Mount Horrible didn't mind that I blew them off for a better offer (sorry, but water sports are always a better offer), since I was then not along to slow them down.

Anna Banana II had a date this weekend, and he bought her monkey socks, which sounds kind of charming. It also got me to thinking: there are monkey socks, and of course there are sock monkeys, but where are the SOCK MONKEY SOCKS? That's what I'm talking about. This must now be added to the list of things I wished existed, like the Hawaiian shirt sweater and the "piso mojado" tent and the word "cardinary." Perhaps there are sock monkey socks out there somewhere. If so, feel free to leave me a comment about them or, better yet, send me a pair. I promise to put them on, take a picture of my feet, and post it on this very blog.

Famous Hat

No comments: