Sunday, January 15, 2023

Crossing Helen's Bridge

 

I completely forgot to mention that last night before dinner, Travalon, Jilly Moose, and I went to Octopi Brewing because Travalon said they had a really good candied pecan pastry stout. He got a small one, and I tried it, but it wasn't my thing. Jilly Moose got a cherry a la mode sour, and I tried that and it was exactly my thing, so Travalon got me a small one. So good, and such a beautiful red color. And the music they were playing in the background was really good too. My phone can tell you what a song is if you ask, and these songs were from the last two years, but I had not heard them. One was "Photo ID" by Remi Wolf, which has a really trippy video; one was "Witchoo" by Durand Jones and the Indications; and one was "Thr33 6ix 5ive" by HoneyLuv. (Isn't it funny that you can read that song name with no problem?) Why does the hip hop station I always listen to not play this music when it plays plenty of crappy non-hip hop music? This was all dance music, so more like hip hop than some of the garbage they play.

Today Travalon and I overslept and went to the later Mass, then we met some of the regulars and Mr. Icon for brunch. This evening Mr. Icon is leaving (or perhaps has already left) to go back to Kodiak, Alaska. It was an unseasonably warm day, more like March than January, so Travalon and I went for a walk on the boardwalks in Cross Plains. Here are some photos.



We went to Crossroads Coffeehouse for a warm drink and then headed to Mazomanie to hike on the Wolf Run Trail along Black Earth Creek. Instead of starting at the north end as usual, we drove to the high school and started at the south end. There are several boardwalks going from that end.


We saw this cool hill to the east.



Here are shots of Black Earth Creek.



And there are all sorts of hills around the creek.


We came across Helen's Bridge. Who is Helen? You tell us, and then we'll all know.




Here is the bridge with a hill behind it.



There were some rapids on the creek.


Here is a shot of Helen's Bridge.


The tracks ran alongside the creek most of the way, but we never saw a train. I should have posted the train video in front of Lake Marion on this post, since it's a Mazomanie post. Oh well, you can go back a few posts to enjoy it, if you so choose. 


Famous Hat


No comments: