Friday, January 20, 2023

Merlin Bear Goes Baaa

 

Today a big box came for Travalon, and I figured it was the Merlin bear that he had ordered. When he came home, I showed him the box, and he picked it up and turned it over... and it went "Baaa!" I said, "Did they accidentally send you one of those stuffed sheep that go 'baaa'?" and he said, "No, the packing slip says Merlin bear." He pulled it out, and it was beautiful, with a sumptuous robe and elaborate necklace. It's a limited edition Hermann bear, number 144 of 500, made in 1994. There wasn't anything else in the box, so we weren't sure what had been going "Baaa," and when he handed me the bear and I turned it over, it didn't make a sound. We thought that was an odd mystery... and then the bear said "Baaa!" again. So it was the bear!! I found the listing on eBay ("Item has been sold"), and it said the "growl box" was intact, so that explains that. I will say it sounds more like a sheep than a bear. Here is a picture of the Merlin bear.


He seems to go really well with my Irish bear.


Don't they look like a perfect pair? A druid and his wife. I don't think the Irish bear makes any sound, but honestly I hadn't thought to check. I will let you know if she does.


Famous Hat


No comments: