Saturday, January 21, 2023

Looking at Jewelry with Jilly Moose and Cali

 

Today Travalon wanted to go to Milwaukee to watch his old high school's basketball team, and he left a little early to bring his mom the Croatian teddy bear that had finally arrived for her birthday present. I met Jilly Moose and Cali for lunch at Gus's diner, then we went to my church and ran into Kathbert, so we talked to her for a while. I had been surprised that Kathbert was not interested in going on a candlelight hike tonight, but in person she explained why, and it made perfect sense. Nobody else was interested either (it was at Patrick Marsh, which I have featured on this blog many times), since it was cold out today, and the hike seemed geared toward children. 

Jilly Moose, Cali, and I headed to East Towne Mall to get some walking in, and Cali wanted to show us an emerald ring she loved at JC Penney's. It seems the ring has been sold, but I was surprised to see one very much like my triangle opal and pink sapphire one that I wear all the time (it has powerful sparkly unicorn energy), only with a lighter and a darker blue topaz. There were only two people working in the jewelry department, and they were both busy, so I couldn't find out how much the ring was. We went into the mall and walked for twenty minutes, then we went to other jewelry stores and looked at rings. There was an amazing orange opal one that was two grand, so I said, "I'll mention it to my husband for Valentine's Day." Another place had a teal-colored stone that was apparently some sort of manmade something or other, and that ring was only $600, so I said, "I'll mention it to my husband for Valentine's Day." Then we went back to JC Penney's, and the two people were both still busy, so I sent Travalon a photo of the ring and told him that's what I want for Valentine's Day:


Finally one of the people who worked there came over, and she showed me the ring. It wasn't very expensive, and then with all the discounts it was less than half that price, so I just got it. I told Travalon he could always get me the matching earrings or necklace for Valentine's Day.

Jilly Moose, Cali, and I went to a Colombian restaurant for dinner, since Cali is from Colombia so she knew about it. She got us some empanadas, then I had a bean stew that was really good and came with plantains and avocado. The waiter had a quartz necklace on just like I did, so for some reason Cali thought that meant he was the same sign as I am (no idea why, since my birthstone is garnet, not quartz - nobody's birthstone is quartz), but he was actually the same sign as Jilly Moose. Her birthstone is sapphire, and they did have a sapphire ring like the one above, but she didn't get it. The ring I got is the birthstone for Travalon.

When I got home, I told Travalon about the orange opal ring and the other teal ring, so I did mention them to my husband and wasn't lying to the salespeople. However, I didn't tell him to get me either one. It's kind of like yesterday, when my boss was (I think) getting annoyed that I still hadn't done the requisition for our new copier because the directions were so confusing. I said I would need to contact someone to help me, and he said to copy him on the email, so I figured he thought I was shirking. I was about to chat with my colleague, as we do every Friday afternoon, so I told him I was going into a meeting to discuss the requisition, and then I told her we needed to discuss the requisition so that I wouldn't have been lying. To my surprise, she had purchased a copier not that long ago herself, so she said, "Share your screen, and I'll show you what to do." Just like that, I was done with the requisition! So then my boss was satisfied. That's part of the reason my colleague and I chat every Friday - because it seems like all the time one of us will say, "I have this problem," and the other one will say, "I know what to do!" But the other reason is just social, because we never see each other in person anymore. We'll have to get together soon...


Famous Hat


No comments: