Sunday, January 8, 2023

Snowplow Naming Birthday Party

 

I forgot to mention that right when I woke up on the morning of my birthday, Travalon kissed me and said, "Happy birthday," and I replied, "Happy birthday." Not awake yet, I guess. It's like when someone sells you a ticket to get on a train, and they say, "Have a nice trip!" and you say, "You too!" Here is a photo of the French teddy bear Travalon gave me. He gave me an Irish teddy bear yesterday, but I haven't taken a photo of that yet. Soon.


Friday I took the day off of work, and I met Tiffy downtown for lunch at Himal Chuli. We went to Olbrich and admired the flowers there, some of which were arums.









We walked up to the Capitol Square to look at Christmas lights, but none of those photos are worth posting. Two twenty-something women came up to us and asked us if we had any name ideas for snowplows. I said Kathbert had submitted one, but I didn't have an idea. Then while they were talking to someone else, I remembered that Kathbert said we should think of snowplow names for a party game, so I told the two newspeople once they were done talking to the other people, and they said, "Say that again on camera." So I did. Then Tiffy took me to dinner at the Edgewater, and then we went back to her sister's apartment. Here is the sparkly lobby.


And here is the fireplace in the 13th floor common area, with rainbow reflections of the flames.


We went to her sister's apartment to watch the 10 pm news, and I was on it!!! They asked a lot of confused people about snowplow names, and then I was all chirpy about how this would be the party game at my birthday party. I was the last person, presumably because I was the most entertaining.

Yesterday Travalon and I met Tiffy and Jilly Moose for coffee, then Travalon left to visit his mother while we three ladies went to brunch at Marigold Kitchen. I like this sign they had there, because it kind of looks like it says, "Hell Winter," which is my feeling about it.


Then we went to the 13th floor of Tiffy's sister's apartment building and played Mad Libs. We saw a beautiful sunset.


Richard Bonomo hosted my very small birthday party, since I'd had such a huge one last year. We had lasagna and peas and garlic bread, and Jilly Moose brought a delicious salad. We also had red wine, white wine, pineapple wine, and Bailey's Irish cream liqueur, thanks to Jilly Moose and Tiffy. Rich made a black magic cake for dessert. Kathbert and the Dairyman's Daughter were there too, and Mr. Icon was in town, so when he came back from dinner with a friend, he joined us for Mad Libs. We did a Calvinist-themed one and a Buddhist-themed one. We also played a game Jilly Moose gave to Travalon and me, to try to guess how well you know the other people at the party. Kind of like the Newlyweds Game, I guess. We did think of a bunch of punny snowplow names, so I just submitted them.

Today was a quieter day. After Mass a group of us went to brunch at the Edgewater, then Tiffy, Travalon, and I got bubble tea. Travalon and I went to walk at East Towne Mall, and there are some new stores out there. Now we are about to watch the Packers. If they win this one, they're in the playoffs! I wouldn't have minded if they lost and the Lions got to be in the playoffs, but unfortunately the Lions got eliminated because the Seahawks beat the Rams in overtime. So now we have to win.


Famous Hat


No comments: