Wednesday, January 4, 2023

More Photos of the Twin Cities

 

Yesterday I had an excellent birthday. I slept late and then watched a documentary on the Holiday Train that made me want to ride it. Luxury accommodations and playing music for appreciative children? Heck yeah! But of course if you're on the Holiday Train, you don't get to enjoy how beautiful it is. Then I went over to my neighbor's house for lunch and spent some time talking to her and playing with her nine-week-old Havanese puppy Lucy.

Then I went on a walk, did some word game puzzles, met Travalon for dinner downtown after my adoration hour, and went to Rich's house for the last of my cassata. Kathbert came too, since she had been plant-sitting my air plants so she brought them over, and she said how funny it was that I made my own birthday cake.

Here, as promised, are some more photos from our weekend in the Twin Cities. First, this is Travalon in the British pub on New Year's Eve.

Here are more photos he took from the skyways on Saturday morning. This is what that lit-up building looks like during the day.




This is rime on the trees. It was a very foggy drive to Rochester, and we saw rime on all the trees on the way down. It was so pretty, but we couldn't stop to take pictures on the highway.

These are designs in the floor of the convention center of people doing, I guess, typical Minnesota things like fishing, playing hockey, and waterskiing.






 Here are some photos from the State Capitol in St. Paul.











Their Christmas tree isn't as impressive as the one in our State Capitol.




This Lutheran church was across the street.


And this statue of Leif Erikson is right nearby.


Here are photos of our sparkly hotel lobby, where we actually rang in the New Year:



Here are photos from Minnehaha Falls.


This guy made a snowbird. Isn't it cute?




I took a photo of Travalon, but it didn't turn out as well. Here is the old Minnehaha Depot.


This Viking ship thing is outside of the Vikings' stadium. We saw it from the train.


The Loon Cafe, where we had a very late lunch on Saturday.


Here are some of the lights of Minneapolis on New Year's Eve.












This is inside the IDS Tower.


This is the tower of Central Lutheran Church.



Here is Travalon in the snug at the Irish pub we went to on Sunday.


Here are a couple of photos from the Purple Goat, the restaurant we went to with Ma and Pa Hat.



Next door was a chandelier store. It was so beautiful in there!


This one was my favorite, but it costs over $1700.


Here is Dino at the Sinclair Plaza.


Now I'm back to work, and I had to set my alarm for the first time in twelve days. Even though I could sleep later because of working from home, I still only woke up when the alarm went off. It will be a real shock when I actually have to get up in time to go to campus. At least the mornings are slowly getting lighter...


Famous Hat

No comments: