Monday, January 2, 2023

Stone Arch Bridge and St. Anthony Falls

 

This morning Travalon and I got up and tried going toward the downtown shopping district in the skyways. We got much further than earlier, but nothing was open because of the observed holiday. I did see this Bollywood dance moves poster outside of an Indian restaurant:


We ended up going to the Starbucks in our hotel for breakfast and coffee, just like yesterday, since they seemed to be the only thing open. I sat on this couch in the hotel lobby:


I assume the cherries are in honor of the most famous sculpture at the Walker Sculpture Garden, which is a giant spoon with a giant cherry on it. Then we checked out of the hotel and drove to where we could walk on the Stone Arch Bridge. Here's a view of what it looks like at the start.


What is this mysterious pyramid?


And all these mysterious footbridges?


From the bridge we could see St. Anthony Falls.



I like this crazy building with the glowing yellow section.


Here we are in front of the falls.



The bridge curved around, so that you could see the bridge from the bridge! We only went as far as where it curved. Someday we will have to walk the whole bridge.


Here is what it looks like facing back toward where we had started.


Then we drove to Rochester and had a late lunch with Ma and Pa Hat, who treated us! We went to a place near their house called the Purple Goat, and we had to rearrange our packing job in the car because their car was trapped in the garage due to a power failure. We had excellent burgers and way too many fries, so that Travalon and I did not eat again until after 11 pm. Then he and I stopped by the Sinclair Plaza in St. Charles, Minnesota, where he got some Dino stuff: a mug, a hat, and a small stuffed Dino to go with his medium-sized stuffed Dino. We drove home listening to the music on my phone, and the only things Travalon made me skip were hardcore rap and stuff with too much auto-tuning, and honestly those weren't my favorite songs either. I like all the songs on my phone, but some I love, and he liked those too. Today we discovered that he likes The Whispers, for example. So the drive was enjoyable for me because we were listening to some of my favorite songs, and it was educational for him. Win-win!

Travalon just gave me one of my birthday presents, and it's a collection of mini Funko Pops from The Office, but it appears to have two Andys and no Kevin or Jim. I guess that's what happens when you buy things off of eBay... 


Famous Hat


No comments: