Tuesday, January 9, 2024

First Snowstorm of 2024

 

Today we were snowed in. I was going to work from home anyway, but they closed the area schools so Travalon had a day off of work. I did go for two walks outside, and the morning one wasn't horrible, but the lunchtime one was so snowy that it was hard to stay outside for the whole rosary. It wasn't that cold, but it was windy, and the snow was very heavy and wet. To my surprise, lots of cars drove by on the street our street feeds into, which is in general not a super busy street so it was like the normal amount of traffic. I wonder where all those people were going? We all knew the storm was coming, so they should have had time to do their grocery shopping. Of course, some people (looking at you, Richard Bonomo) acted like today was any old day, and they went to adoration and work like nothing was happening. I wasn't looking forward to going to adoration, but it was suspended until tomorrow evening. By the usual time of my afternoon walk, it was whiteout conditions so I had no interest in leaving the house. Travalon and I walked around the house, and we took an even longer walk once I was done with work. Then we did some cleaning, and we watched an old movie called Two Girls and a Sailor, from 1944. It was black and white and had great music.

I noticed that Niko kind of matches that interesting rosary someone left in the adoration chapel, so here he is wearing it.


Hardingfele gave me hedgehog socks and Duplo chocolates for my birthday.


We have finally eaten the cake from my birthday party, so now my birthday is officially over.


Famous Hat


No comments: