Friday, January 5, 2024

Friday Funday

 

This morning I picked up Tiffy downtown, and we went to Zippy Lube for coffee and breakfast sandwiches. Travalon had gotten a gift certificate for Zippy Lube last week, so my breakfast was already paid for. Then Tiffy and I took a very long walk at Tenney Park: out onto the jetty, around the island, and along the river. We stopped by the good chocolate shop, but it's closed until next month... and we didn't even have Richard Bonomo with us! Usually when I go with other people, the chocolate shop is open, but every time I bring Rich, it's closed. 

Since we were right there, Tiffy and I had lunch at Banzo, and I had so many points that my lunch was half off. Then we went to Leopold's so I could have a pandan latte (Tiffy had herbal tea), and we talked to the bartenders about how hard it would be to add pandan to a cocktail. Tiffy thought it would work well in a White Russian, and one bartender thought it would work in an ice cream drink, so we'll have to go back sometime and try one of those ideas.

We headed to the apartment complex where Jilly Moose lives, but we were about an hour early, and West Towne Mall is very close, so we just hung out there for a while, not really doing anything but sitting in some easy chairs they had in the middle of the mall and talking about which Geico ads we thought were the funniest. Once Jilly Moose was off of work, we went to her apartment and hung out with her and the Moose Herd. I particularly liked a blond moose she calls Frothy, but I suppose Mr. Swanky will always be my favorite. After all, we wrote a song about him and created a video to go with it, which you can find on YouTube:


We also entertained ourselves by asking Alexa weird questions, just like we had at R Van the Terrible's house. AI is so random - she would sometimes say she didn't know, but would we like her to order coffee for us every month and have it delivered? Would we like to pay every month to have access to music? No, no, no, Alexa. Just answer the darn question! People often ask me if I would like to have Alexa, and no, I would not. I don't need to spend all my time arguing with AI that it hasn't answered my question when it's really just acting as an advertisement for all these products and services.

Tiffy found that we were 700 feet from the Caspian Grill, so we walked there for dinner. I had gift certificates, and I thought maybe all three of my meals today would hardly cost me anything, but then they told me the gift certificates are only valid at their other location. Still, we got to hit some of Travalon's favorite places while he was working, or watching a movie about wrestlers that he figured wouldn't interest me. It was some famous family of wrestlers in which several of them committed suicide or died under weird circumstances, like electrocution. Yeah, that probably wouldn't have interested me. I like comedies.


Famous Hat


No comments: