Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Getting Vigorous Exercise

 

Today I worked on campus, and all my complaining about not getting vigorous exercise minutes ceased. My colleague and I walked at lunch, and then I was going to take the free bus up the hill as usual, but it was too full to get on. Another one came, but he said he would be sitting there for eleven minutes, and I figured I could walk up the hill faster than that. Not quite, because I literally got to my building at the same moment as the bus did, but in the process I got so many vigorous minutes that it made up for my lack of them the last two days. Plus I got enough staircases to raise my daily average for those too, since my phone had been cheating me of one per day lately. Guess what I'll be doing during my lunch break tomorrow?

I had gotten to work a little early and was going to sneak out a little early... and wouldn't you know, my boss was leaving at the same moment? Usually he leaves well before I do. He didn't seem concerned at all, and we walked along faster than I usually walk alone, but I still just missed the bus I was planning to take, which either came early or was the bus before running late. Instead, I took another bus that let off a few blocks further from my hairdresser's place, and that worked perfectly. After my haircut, I walked back up to the Square to catch a B bus; someone said it had just come, but it would have been two minutes early according to the schedule. Then, two minutes later - another B bus came! So that worked perfectly.


Famous Hat


No comments: