Saturday, January 13, 2024

Glow in the Dark Rock Art

 

Yesterday there was a snowstorm again, and the schools were closed again. I can't remember them ever being closed twice in one week! Travalon was home from work, and we tried to take a walk but couldn't even get a block because it was so windy and snowy. When we got up this morning, we were buried under the snow. It was also very cold with the windchill. Travalon said today was the birthday of the Wolverhampton team, and I said, "So they're a Capricorn?" and he said, "Just like my favorite wife and my favorite mother!" We thought about going to the Badger basketball game, but Travalon's friend said the roads were treacherous, so we watched it at home. I also ran around the house because I'm trying to get eleven minutes of vigorous activity every day. This is because I took a test that is supposed to tell you your biological age, as opposed to your chronological age, and mine was a couple of decades older, which was a shock. After just half a week of running around the house, I have lost three pounds and my resting pulse has gotten a lot lower, and when I took the test again, I'd shaved over a decade off my biological age. It's amazing to see how quickly exercise works!

We went to dig out Travalon's car from at least a foot of snow, and then we drove to Ancora to warm it up, where we got a bag of coffee and a couple of lattes. The roads really were quite bad. When we got home, Travalon watched the Texans playing the Browns in the playoffs while I used the rock painting kit he had given me. The rocks were lovely, smooth rocks in a soothing light gray, like what they have decorating spas, and I thought it would be a shame to paint them, but then I had a lot of fun. Here are the results:


These are Niko, a cat, a mandolin, palm trees, a lotus with a jewel in it (that one probably needs explaining), a rosary, a rainbow, and just some spots. Here they are under the blacklight.


And here they are glowing in the dark. 


And a bonus photo: Jilly Moose sent me (at my request) a photo of her blond moose Frothy:


I did leave two rocks for Travalon to decorate, so when he decorates them, I'll post a photo of them if he lets me. He plans to do one with the Wolverhampton wolf. 

We went to a place I'd noticed a few months ago from the bus, a tiny pizza place called It's Good for You. It's only open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings, and it was closed for a few weeks around the holidays, but this evening it was open, so we went and had some delicious pizza. They have a great big pizza oven where they make the pizza fresh right in front of you. It reminds me a bit of Cafe Porta Alba, which unfortunately closed because the owner's wife got a job on the East Coast. It's Good for You isn't too far from our house, so it was the perfect thing to do tonight. I highly recommend it.


Famous Hat


No comments: