Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Ice Age Trail Hike and Bad Day at Work

 

No photos today, because Boethius got another software upgrade on Sunday night, and now he is really being a poop. What used to take him ten minutes is now taking him at least twenty, and I can't get him to upload the photos from my phone. He really embarrassed me today, when I had to be in an Extremely Important Meeting with Extremely Important People, and I tried to log in five minutes early but it took him twenty minutes to open Zoom, so I was fifteen minutes late. Awkward! At least they have all had their own technology glitches, so they were very forgiving.

Last night Travalon and I hiked on a bit of the Cross Plains Section of the Ice Age Trail, and the bit we did seemed to be all uphill. We now have a cumulative 6.9 miles out of 40 done, and according to my phone we went up 11 flights of stairs, or the equivalent. It was really beautiful; neither of us had brought our good cameras, but Travalon's new phone takes really good photos, and then he texted them to me. So maybe someday Boethius will upload them and I can share them here. (Anyway, I kind of have to charge my FitBit, and it uses the same port as the phone.) After hiking, Travalon and I ate outside at Coach's, which was a little cold, but we have to do it while we still can. Part of this Mammoth Hike challenge is to go to three Ice Age Trail communities and patronize their small businesses, and they even have a list on the website of which businesses to patronize. Since Coach's was on there, and since Travalon says they have the best wings in the area, that was a no-brainer. So at least we are one-third done with that part of the challenge.

Today was very aggravating for me at work. Besides the aforementioned snafu with the meeting, I tried to log into our department sunshine fund, and the bank website said we don't have an account! That was consternating enough, but when I called the bank, I was told there was a three-minute wait time to talk to a human being, so I waited twenty minutes until finally it rang through to someone... who promptly hung up on me. I tried again, but by then the website had logged me out (it recognized our department as a customer, even if our account with several hundred dollars in it had mysteriously disappeared), and my phone battery was dying from being on hold so long, so I gave up and sent them a nastygram via their social media page. That seemed to work - someone got back to me, but after I was off work, so hopefully we can work this out. Richard Bonomo thinks it is just a computer glitch. I don't know what to think, but I'll try to keep an open mind. Then Travalon and I tried to take a boat ride to enjoy the beautiful evening, but the motor wouldn't start so we just paddled around near our dock. At least we were on the water and out in the sunshine.

It's okay, I have tomorrow off of work, so I don't have to think about any of this. Travalon and I will take a "leaf tour," and we will probably have some great photos that Boethius may or may not allow me to share on this blog.


Famous Hat


No comments: