Saturday, October 17, 2020

Ice Age Trail Junction Segment and Arboretum


Today I had to take my car down to the south side to get new tires before winter hits, so Travalon drove down too, and then we went to the Junction segment of the Ice Age Trail while my car was being taken care of. We thought this segment might be kind of boring, but as we walked along it, we came to a beautiful vista, and then we hiked down to what we had been seeing... and of course we had to hike back up the hill too. It's so amazing to see the world awash in gold and orange and red and rust, so Travalon took quite a few photos, and I have posted a lot of them.

























We got lunch at Tuvalu Coffee House, which was one of the businesses they recommend we patronize in Verona for credit for going to three local businesses, and my band has played there in the past. (They also used to have Cajun jam sessions back in the day, and I went to at least one with Hardingfele.) We also hiked on some of the Verona segment of the Ice Age Trail, but that was along a busy road, and the wind had really picked up, so I was terrified of having my hat blow off my head and into the traffic. That was a lot of uphill too, and my phone said we went up the equivalent of sixteen flights of stairs today! 

After my car was done, we drove to the Arboretum, which for some reason I had never thought to visit in the fall. We always go in the spring, to see the blooming crabapple trees and the lilacs and magnolias. A lot of the leaves had already blown off the trees, but we did see a few really spectacular maples, and some wild turkeys.











Here are a couple of pictures I took with my phone.



And look at this! I don't know what it is (I forgot to use my plant identification app), but it's blooming in mid-October!


We walked over seven miles today, and now we are really tired. How would we ever survive the Camino?


Famous Hat





No comments: