Sunday, October 25, 2020

Winter Wonderland at Olbrich

 

I will apologize right now for the fact that there are no photos on this blog post, but it got late, and Boethius has been acting weird all night, like he suddenly restarted as I was trying to start Night Prayer. It all worked out, and Night Prayer went fine, but I will just recount my day on this post, and then tomorrow, when he has more RAM, I will post the photos. I shouldn't have much else to blog about tomorrow anyway, unless the trip to the computer repair place is especially memorable.

Today Richard Bonomo proposed a small birthday party (cake) for Kathbert and the Single B-Boy at what he calls "1300 hours," and I said yeah sure before realizing the Packers played at noon today, not 3:30. So Travalon and I dutifully joined Rich and the two birthday folks for black magic cake, but we were kind of watching the game half the time and only socializing half the time. Then again, I was kind of the entertainment for the party, because I get so animated while watching football. I am happy to report that the cake was delicious and the Packers were victorious.

It had started to flurry, so Travalon and I drove Kathbert home, then we went to Olbrich Gardens to get some steps in their greenhouse. It was so beautiful in there, and all sorts of things were in bloom, from the most spectacular orchids to funny little green flowers that only a botany geek like me would get excited over. A plumeria was in bloom, and the heavenly scent filled the whole place - I could even smell it with my mask on! Then Travalon said we could try walking outside, and it wasn't really that cold. More than that, it was beautiful, because there was a light dusting of snow on everything. Between us, we took tons of photos with our phones - we hadn't thought to bring our good cameras, since we hadn't planned the trip. Oddly, there was no snow on top of the Thai pavilion, but it is always photogenic. I promise to post many photos of our trip tomorrow. Travalon said, "If winter was like this the whole time, I wouldn't even hate it!" I agree!


Famous Hat

 

No comments: