Thursday, October 8, 2020

Potato Hats and Waxwing Feathers

 

Nothing too exciting to report today. It was a beautiful day, but I was stuck inside, alas. Please enjoy this photo my neighbor took of the potatoes at the stand where we bought the kale on Sunday - notice that some of them are wearing little hats!


Here are some asters we saw on our hike around the pond on Sunday.


It's hard to see, but the pink cloud in this photo has a part that is swirled and pointed just like a cone of soft-serve ice cream. It was there for quite a while, so I was hoping when I got home and could grab my good camera it would still be there, but by then it was gone.


Today on one of our walks, my neighbor found this cool feather. It looks like it must have come from our drunk friend the cedar waxwing. You can see why he's called "waxwing," since the red looks like a little drop of wax at the end of the feather. Was he so drunk that he started pulling his feathers out??


Tomorrow's post - if I blog at all - will probably be just as exciting, since I will be stuck indoors once again. But Tiffy is coming up this weekend, so I should have more to say soon.

Famous Hat


No comments: