Sunday, August 8, 2021

Bird Paparazzi at the Luau

 

This morning Jilly Moose joined us at Mass, which was celebrated by a new priest, and then there was a reception for him afterwards. After that the three of us had coffee in the back garden of Fair Trade Coffeehouse, and then Travalon and I went to the East Side Club luau. That was so much fun! Here are some photos. First, the pig cake was far superior to the one I made years ago for Richard Bonono's birthday luau.



The tables were decorated with children's beach toys.




Here I am wearing the kiddie sunglasses!


We had so much fun! I didn't win the hula hoop contest or the limbo contest or the game we played called something like Molkky, that was a bit like Bocci with math, but I enjoyed them anyway. The others did razz me for forgetting my ukulele - duh! But I haven't played it in so long that they are probably lucky I forgot it!

I did go to Irish class, but I forgot about band practice as Travalon and I went for a walk on Governor's Island and ran errands. Then we had dinner on the dock, and we saw the green heron, but it was never in a good spot to take a picture. We did get pictures of the sunset and a kingfisher. 





When I said maybe the green heron is tired of us taking its picture, and it thinks we have enough pictures of it already, Travalon said, "We're bird paparazzi." That made me laugh so hard because it's so true!

It was very windy when we walked on Governor's Island, and the waves were beating against the rocks and making an amazing deep sound, but apparently the bass on my phone isn't good, because none of the three short videos I made captured the sound. All you can hear is the wind blowing in the trees. Ah well, it was such a wonderful day that I can hardly complain about that one little thing.


Famous Hat


No comments: