Thursday, August 26, 2021

Looking at Lights While Buzzed

 

Tonight Travalon and I went to the health club's outdoor pool again, and this time it was what I'd been fearing: tons of kids everywhere. Usually the kids stay in the shallow end so it's not a big issue, but tonight a dad and two school-age boys were playing some wild game in the deep end, splashing like crazy and taking over the whole space, so we ended up migrating to the shallow end. Then we spent some time in the hot tub by the lap pool, which was weirdly empty. Back when I used to swim laps in it regularly, it was always packed. I often ended up having to share a lane with someone who would do three laps for every one of mine - it was so embarrassing! I would have loved an empty pool in those days.

After that, we went to the Mexican restaurant across the street, and I had a coconut margarita and was kind of buzzed during dinner. The restaurant has really beautiful lights inside of it, and they were even more enjoyable in my buzzed state.


We both had seafood chimichangas, and they were just as good as the shrimp chimichangas at the restaurant up by us. In fact, that killer sauce was almost identical. It probably has a lot more calories than what we burned off from swimming, since my FitBit said I swam at a casual pace for seventeen minutes. I'm not sure I have a pace other than "casual" when it comes to swimming...


Famous Hat

No comments: