Sunday, August 1, 2021

Quarry Park

 

Here is an art project done by a little girl where Travalon works. He didn't know if she was following a pattern, or if she came up with this design herself, which would be quite good for such a young kid.


I am getting fed up with Western medicine. They say to eat less and exercise more to lose weight, but I am eating less and exercising more than most people I know, yet I'm so fat I broke my chair. I wondered if aligning my chakras would help, and so I have been playing with my little chakra pyramid crystals.


But the thing that made the most sense was a "chakra diet," in which you eat produce of all the chakra colors (except the highest one, which they said is unblocked by fasting). This actually sounds like really good advice - I believe nutritionists often say to make a "rainbow on your plate" - and I realized Travalon and I already regularly eat for the orange (sweet potato), yellow (banana), and green (kale or chard) chakras. So this evening when we went to the grocery store, I got cherries, blueberries, and grapes for the red, blue, and purple chakras. I don't see how it can hurt, and it's almost as pretty as chakra crystals.

Today Travalon and I were planning to join Richard Bonomo and Kathbert at Quarry Park after Mass and brunch, but I packed my change of clothes in a bag, left it right by the front door, and then got an "urgent" call from the condo board president and forgot the bag. We were joined at brunch by a former choir member, a guy who retired in his 30's and now travels constantly - he doesn't even really have a home base. He has the same birthday (different year) as Travalon, but he's so Sagittarius that he makes Travalon look like a homebody Cancer. (Travalon does have Cancer rising.) He has a man bun and a braided beard, so I figured he was more my type of Catholic than a lot of the Catholics I know, and he had so many entertaining tales that we spent two hours at brunch, hanging out at our outdoor table. There was a creepy guy smoking a cigar and blowing the smoke at us who accused Travalon of having a gun, but the waitress scared him off by threatening to call the cops. 

I had to go home to change, then Travalon and I met Rich and Kathbert at Quarry Park. When we first got there, we saw a turkey with some teenage offspring. Travalon got a picture of the turkey, who looks like she is walking down this road like she owns it.


Quarry Park was designed by mountain bikers, so the trails have lots of hills, and Kathbert showed us how you are supposed to run down the hill and up the next one with your extra momentum. I got really into this, but then the hamstring on my right leg started to hurt. I'm getting too old to exert myself! It was still hurting during Night Prayer, so I told Rich maybe I have rhabdo, and he said it's my weekly rhabdo checkin, so I said I need a rhabdometer to show how likely it is that I have rhabdo after doing something active with him. Honestly, my laziness will probably save me from rhabdo, because I am not one to push myself so hard that I really injure myself, just enough to get a sore hamstring or some shin splits. And some stretching exercises clear those up.

I still needed some steps, so Travalon and I took a gentle walk at Jackson Landing. How gentle? It didn't even show up as a workout on my FitBit! Usually any walk over fifteen minutes, no matter how slow, shows up as one. We did see this cute baby bunny.



Then we had dinner on the dock again, and the green heron joined us again.



Our neighbors (not in our association, but in a private house) must have a yard that is very attractive to large birds, because the cranes often land there, and I have seen the man chase geese away. This evening the cranes landed there, and the wife was clapping and shouting at them to scare them away. It didn't work, so the husband came out with the garden hose and sprayed them, which made the cranes yell their heads off, but it didn't scare them away. Finally the humans gave up. In case you are wondering what religion cranes are, this morning on the way to Mass, Travalon and I saw a pair of them heading toward the door of the Lutheran church on Sherman Avenue, so apparently they are ELCA. 


Famous Hat


No comments: