Monday, August 23, 2021

Garcia Bear

 

Today I had to work at the Killer Building, and almost all my coworkers were there too. The first thing my boss told me when she saw me was that I could work from home tomorrow. It's amazing how much more tiring it is to work on campus when there are actually other people around. You have to wear decent clothes (no ratty shorts and T-shirt), and you have to be all polite and socially adept. It's so draining!

Travalon picked me up from work, and when we got home, I found my little Garcia bear had arrived! Back in the day when people collected Beanie Babies, these tiny tie-dyed bears could go for hundreds or even thousands of dollars. They were commemorative bears for Jerry Garcia from the Grateful Dead, who had just died. But today you can get one online for $25, which is still a lot more than most of the Beanie Babies are at the antiques shops, but I guess they are still kind of a collector's item. I don't care about that, I just care that it is SO CUUUUUTE!! 


Then Travalon and I went to the outdoor pool at our health club again. It was even later than when we got there on Thursday, so we were hopeful that we would be the only people in it again, but there were several families with kids there too. At least they stuck to the shallow end, so we could (sort of) swim laps. My FitBit did say I swam for 25 minutes, so that's something. We should do this more often - I forgot how much I liked swimming in a pool, since last summer we only swam in the lake. They both have their charms, but this year so many of the beaches are closed due to cyanobacteria that the pool just feels safer.


Famous Hat


No comments: