Thursday, August 5, 2021

Summer Bucket List So Far

 

I wasn't going to blog today, but tomorrow I probably won't get a chance to blog, so I asked the people at Night Prayer what I should blog about. Rich said I could blog about how he harvested his first broccoli today (I forgot to ask if he ate it today too), and that made me think of how great his garden looked on Tuesday evening, compared to my pathetic garden plot. Next year I am thinking of not doing it, and just putting the chive plant and the two strawberry plants into pots and then sticking them by our garage, so I can actually take care of them. It has been a challenge to get to my plot this summer.

When I asked Travalon what to blog about, he said a bucket list for the summer, since it is quickly approaching its end. So far we have only swum once at Governor Nelson (it felt like we lived there last summer), and we have not swum yet at our health club's outdoor pool. We haven't gotten a chance to go sailing yet, since neither of our neighbors have offered to take us, and there wasn't that early music silent auction in Milwaukee this year, so I didn't get to bid on a sailboat ride there. I probably won't even ride a bike once this summer, since the Daughter of Denni is understandably not doing her annual birthday bike ride this year, considering that her dad just died. We haven't been up north yet either, but we do hope to remedy that soon. But hey - I have done Street Fest not just once, but twice this summer! It does seem to have gone a lot faster than last summer, but one positive thing about the pandemic (if there is a bright side) is that it really slowed time down. I love that Madtown is coming back to life, but of course that makes life seem to fly by at a breakneck pace. Tomorrow night we will be going to the outdoor theater, and I hope to get to one Dane Dance on the Monona Terrace rooftop this month, so my bucket list for Summer 2021 is far from finished.


Famous Hat


No comments: