Monday, August 16, 2021

Laser Light Show

 

Yesterday I wore my flapper outfit to Mass, except for hitching up my dress with a belt. It's risqué enough to have bare shoulders at Mass. Afterwards there were six of us at brunch, sitting outside and having pleasant conversation. Travalon and I went for a hike at Pheasant Branch, and we saw two people with little dogs on their backs as they biked. We went to buy a new chair for me, but they can't deliver it until September. That's okay, I'll probably be sitting on the porch until late October. We swung by this party that was called something like the Black Food Jamboree, with soul food, Jamaican food, and African food. Everyone only took cash, and we just had enough to buy two baobab shakes because my neighbor had given us cash when we picked something up at the grocery store for her on Saturday.

The Mallards won on Saturday, so yesterday they had a playoff game at the Duck Pond... against the Dock Spiders again. Here's the Dock Spider truck.


I had to attend Irish class and then band practice (where the chocolate lab puppy Bongo was much bigger and slightly less hyper than last time I saw him), but Travalon went to the Mallards game, and they beat the Dock Spiders! Again!! Then we went with my neighbor to a laser light show at the Alliant Energy Center. My neighbor said it would be classic rock, which didn't excite me too much, but it was all sorts of music, current dance music and Pink Floyd and country and (urk!) Post Malone. Travalon took a bunch of photos that looked awesome on his phone, but when I put them on my computer, they all looked blurry and weird on the big screen. A couple of the videos I shot turned out pretty well.



This one would have been really cool, but some lame dude kept standing up in the way. Parts of it are still very cool.


We actually got home at a surprisingly reasonable hour, but it was a bit late to write a blog post. Tonight seemed like a better time, since I had a "bachelorette" evening while Travalon was visiting his mom, now that he can trust his vehicle to get him all the way to Oconomowoc.


Famous Hat

No comments: