Thursday, April 2, 2020

Bluff in Our Neighborhood


Yesterday Travalon and I went back to the trails in the nearby neighborhood, this time to explore one that went around a hill that we hadn't had the time or energy for on Monday night. We went around the hill and saw that it was a bluff on the other side, and the trail split, so we took the part that went up the bluff. From there we could get a lovely view of the lake... for now, through the trees. Soon it will be covered in leaves. I took some pictures and will post them soon.

The funny thing about my salsa list from 2008 is that it is sort of a snapshot in time. As I am listening to these songs on YouTube, I realize they were what was popular in Latin music from 2006-2008, which is when I was listening to an online Latin music station that seems to no longer exist. Some of them are remakes, and by now I am familiar with the originals, so hearing the higher-energy remakes can be a little jarring. One song that I have gotten really addicted to, "Mi Vecina" (my neighbor) by Mel Martinez, fascinates me because it has a particular musical configuration in it that Vivaldi uses a lot in his concerti, where it also whips me into a musical ecstasy. My choir director (not my OTHER choir director) scornfully referred to it as "The Circle of Fifths," and he seemed to think it was a cheap ploy. What the heck, it works on me!

Famous Hat

No comments: