Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Disappearing Boardwalk Explained


Remember when Travalon and I saw what seemed to be a boardwalk with a gate that appeared at the edge of the marsh? And then when we tried to find a path to it, it had vanished completely? I can't say the mystery is totally solved, but I do have more information, courtesy of our neighbor who spends a lot of time on his paddle board. As any normal person with a paddle board would do, he went over to examine the "boardwalk," which he said was a very nice floating pier that had somehow become detached, floated away, and got stuck at the edge of the marsh. He didn't walk on it, but he noticed there were some storage bins on it... that were locked, he added. "Couldn't steal any stuff," he joked, or at least I assume he was joking, since he does not seem like the sort of person who steals. Then I felt better, knowing Travalon and I had not imagined this sight. In fact, another neighbor claims the floating pier was in the marsh all winter, but that seems hard to believe - surely I would have noticed it sooner than this past Saturday, especially since I was out and about walking Michaela so much. Anyway, nobody I talked to knows who owns the floating pier, but we all assume the local pier repair business (which apparently is an "essential business," since their boat has been out and about constantly) towed the pier back to its rightful place and secured it. So mystery at least partly solved. Stay tuned in case more information becomes available...

Famous Hat

No comments: