Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Over-Caffeinated Rosary Plans


Today, for the first time, I successfully made the classic Korean whipped coffee. It really does have just three ingredients (instant coffee, sugar, and water), and it really does whip up! Wow! I wonder who first thought of that? So my failures in the past included trying to use whipping cream, trying to use matcha powder (which requires egg whites to whip up), and trying to use that nasty flavored coffee powder, which most assuredly does not whip up. I liked it, but Travalon did not like it as much as the Vietnamese egg coffee, so mid-morning I made some of that. I took pictures of both creations and will post them soon. Then I was so well-caffeinated that I decided to do something the other bass (not Rich) in our choir had once suggested: make a rosary out of my rosaries! It's true, I have enough rosaries to do it (and then some), so I was all stoked to create this meta-rosary in the loft. I haven't yet, because despite the cold weather I used my work breaks to walk outside instead. Each Hail Mary bead will be a rosary, and each Our Father bead will be some other kind of chaplet. I will take a picture of it once I have put it together. And then I will pray it!

Handy Woman thought I meant that I was going to pray a rosary on each rosary, and the thought did cross my over-caffeinated mind, but can you imagine how long that would take? It was ambitious enough to pray all my non-rosary chaplets in one day, and there are only eleven of them!

Famous Hat

No comments: