Thursday, April 23, 2020

Technology Is Amazing!


Last night the Rosary Ladies got together on Google Hangouts and prayed the rosary together, except for OK Cap. She couldn't do it until tonight, so we are scheduled to get together again. Today I had an even more amazing rosary experience - I prayed remotely with someone in Poland! Maybe because of my somewhat advanced age (I can remember when talking to someone half a world away involved a phone that was stuck to the wall), I am still blown away that we can pray the rosary together, seeing and hearing each other, when she is on the other side of the planet. What a small world it has become!

The rosary I used is a new one I ordered, now that Lent is over. It is very beautiful, with each decade a different shade of blue or green, and it came with a prayer card explaining which decade to pray for what intention. (It is a Rosary for Peace, so the intentions are peace in the world, in our country, in the Church, in our family, and for myself.) I was a little sad because in the photo it looked like the middle decade was teal, my favorite color, but on my rosary it looked like the same shade of green as the last decade. Even the font for that intention implied that it should have been teal. Otherwise it is a very beautiful rosary, so I felt a little silly to make a big deal out of it, but I called the seller, who looked at other ones in the warehouse. She said on all of them the third decade is a slightly lighter shade of green than the last decade, and it's easier to see against a white piece of paper, so I tried that and saw she was right. She wondered if the manufacturer ran out of the teal beads. Anyway, that was all in natural light. In the evening, under lamplight, the two decades do look different. Either way, it is such a beautiful rosary, and I've been using it for my video conferencing rosaries now that almost all my other ones are otherwise engaged in being part of the meta-rosary. See? I knew there was a good excuse for ordering yet another rosary!

Famous Hat

No comments: