Thursday, April 16, 2020

Praying with the Meta-Rosary


Last night the Rosary Ladies got together on Google Hangouts (except for Anna Banana II, who called in), and we prayed a rosary. We tried last week too, but we had to give up and make it a conference call that time, because I could neither send nor receive invitations. However, that was not the first rosary I prayed yesterday, because right after work I went up into the loft and prayed my meta-rosary. (It really could be considered a mandala, because "mandala" is apparently just the Sanskrit word for "round.") It was pretty wonderful to sit in the middle of a circle of rosaries, and as I picked up each rosary while saying a Hail Mary, I would think of the person who gave it to me, or the place I got it, or the interesting story behind it. Quite a few came in Catholic junk mail, so I am thinking of swapping those out with other ones that have more meaning to me, but when I went to do it this morning, I felt bad to relegate any rosary to "less important" status, so I haven't done it yet. I did realize that two of the junk mail ones are identical, so maybe I will leave one in the adoration chapel. The only thing is that I kind of got a sore shoulder from sitting in a weird position while praying. Now my sun catcher rosary is done, so my dilemma today is: do I pray with that one, or do I pray with my meta-rosary? Or do I just pray the rosary twice? After all, the Luminous Mysteries are my favorites.

Famous Hat

No comments: