Thursday, April 9, 2020

More Whipped Coffee Info


So I was chatting with Handy Woman via email, and while I still don't know what I did wrong making whipped cream, that is not even how you are supposed to make whipped coffee. The reason you have to make it with instant coffee is that there is a gum in there that allows it to be whipped, and macha powder does not have that gum in it. So you have to add egg whites. This sounds like a wonderful solution to me, because the Vietnamese egg coffee I plan to make on Sunday takes egg yolks, and I wasn't sure what to do with the egg whites. Of course, currently we have neither macha powder nor instant coffee, but since I haven't heard that people are hoarding either of these items, we should be able to get them on our next trip to the grocery co-op. Stay tuned to find out if I am successful in making any of these creations... Handy Woman did make the whipped coffee successfully, but she put it in the fridge for later, and then it deflated. So that's one more rule for making whipped coffee: drink immediately and do NOT put it in the fridge for later.

Famous Hat

No comments: