Friday, August 14, 2020

Banned from the Boardwalk

 

I forgot to mention in my post yesterday about our neighborhood party that our neighbor across the way busted out an accordion! I had no idea that he played!! I said, "If I'd known, I could have brought my mandolin and we could have played the Italian Wedding Tarantella," and he said, "If we'd planned it, you could have sung something. Famous has a beautiful voice," he announced to everyone, and his wife enthusiastically backed up this assessment. Since to my knowledge I have never sung in front of them, I can only guess that they hear me singing in the shower. Oops!

Speaking of the 'hood, the other day my walking buddy and I were banned from walking on the boardwalk behind another condo complex. We were on our early morning walk, and this guy stopped us and said he didn't recognize us, he was on the board and he knew everyone. My buddy can be very chatty, and she stopped and talked to him while I took my leave to start my work day, and later she said, "We're banned." After that it became her goal to find someone from that complex to walk with, so we could legitimately walk on the boardwalk. Wouldn't you know, today a woman approached us and asked if we lived in the neighborhood, since she always saw us walking. Lo and behold, she lives in that complex! So she went with us on the boardwalk, but she is a yoga teacher and far fitter than either of us, so she kept up quite a pace. That may be what I need! I have lost twelve pounds so far, according to the scale, but my clothes don't fit any differently. It's probably time for me to kick it up a notch.


Famous Hat


No comments: