Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Scary Eye

Last night Travalon and I went swimming at Governor Nelson, since it was so hot. I was hoping to see some sailboats, but there wasn't really any wind to speak of. Then I did see one slowly motoring along that hadn't put its sail up. It got to Governor's Island and then gave up and headed back in toward all the marinas around where we live, never actually putting up its sail. To my surprise, a second sailboat followed after it, also without its sail up. They looked like twins, both smaller white sailboats going the same speed and direction. I wondered if the second one was following the first one, or if they just saw the first one give up and decided they would too.

Later in the evening my eye swelled up. This happens now and then, and sometimes I know what causes it (usually dust), but last night it hit without warning. It was also the worst I'd ever seen it. My eye really hurt, and the white part was red and so swollen that it was bulging out of the socket, and there was all this liquid running out of it. Is there something on our screened-in porch that I am allergic to? Right now we have the air conditioning on because it's so hot out, so is there dust getting kicked up by the vents? I did an internet search that suggested an antihistamine and some ice would help, and indeed they did, but I didn't think to take a picture of my swollen eye or contact my doctor. It would have been quite a picture! Tomorrow I will try to remember to shoot the doctor an email about this - if it keeps happening, is it a sign that something worse (say, anaphylactic shock) is on the horizon?


Famous Hat


No comments: