Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Reggie White Bobble Head Auction

 

There was a rather large aloe vera in a conference room in my building that I completely forgot about back when I brought my plants home. It was never clear to me whose plant it was, or who took care of it, but I was afraid it would die with nobody looking in on it. I begged my boss to let me go get it, but she said it wasn't a good enough reason to go to the office building. Then my colleague said she was going over, so I asked if she could water the aloe. Last week I collected it, and I saw my fears had been misplaced: instead of being neglected, the aloe was being overwatered. I brought it home, but it was beyond hope. My colleague says she suspects the cleaning crew were all watering the plants, because her office plants were a bit overwatered too. Here I'd been afraid all the plants trapped in the office building would be dying of thirst... It just goes to show that you can never be sure what the real threat will be.

This evening Travalon and I went for a lovely boat ride, and we had no issues with either the motor or the plug. We went back into the marsh, and now the lotuses have a lot of buds. A few are in full bloom, and their heavenly scent filled the air. The lotuses bloom every August, but I had never noticed their scent until someone mentioned on social media a couple of weeks ago that they smell good. How could I not have noticed before? Or did I smell them and just think it was some other flower blooming? Last year I harvested some of their seeds, but my colleague said I did it too early. I will have to ask her for more details on knowing exactly when lotus seeds are ripe. No need to feel guilty about taking a few seeds, since we hardly need any more lotuses back in the marsh - we can no longer get through in the boat, the place is so thick with them.

Tonight Travalon was in a bidding war on an online auction site for a Reggie White bobble head that he has been looking for forever. We saw it some years ago at the Packer Pro Shop in Lambeau Field, and he didn't get it at the time, but they haven't had it since, and he couldn't stop thinking about it. The auction had been going on for a week, but he just stumbled across it in the last hour it was open. As I prayed the Rosary with the Rosary Ladies on Zoom, I could see out of the corner of my eye that he was doing this, and as soon as our meeting ended abruptly in the middle of the prayers we do right after the Rosary, he told me about it. OK Cap texted everyone to say goodbye, since we had gotten cut off by Zoom, so I asked everyone to pray for Travalon to win the auction... and he did!! So the bobble head is on its way.


Famous Hat



No comments: