Monday, August 10, 2020

Photos of Rosaries and Flowers

 

Today Travalon and I went to St. Vinny's, and I figured that if the Evangelical thrift store had rosaries, so would the Catholic thrift store. But maybe other Catholics are more likely to shop there, because they didn't have a single one. I had brought the sparkly one I got at Odana Road yesterday, and we went to Schoenstatt so I could pray it there. I don't have much more to say, so here are some recent photos.


First are some of the rosaries I got at the Odana Antiques store some time ago.




These are some chaplets I got in Stevens Point: one that is like a rosary but with a medal on the end that I have been using to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet, a red rosary I used up north to pray with the Rosary Ladies, and a St. Anne Chaplet.


Next, some flowers. These are wild chicory, also sometimes called blue dandelions.


I love these! They are called rattlesnake master.


In our neighborhood is a hydrangea that is changing from white to pink.



These cool gourds are growing in another garden plot.


This is called giant lobelia. I have a red lobelia, or cardinal flower, growing in my garden plot. It's a wild flower that just started growing there - I didn't plant it. I'll take a photo when it blooms.


And this is the variegated rubber plant Travalon got me for Valentine's Day last year. Isn't it beautiful?


Finally, some cacti fridge magnets and a cactus tea ball. You can't see the tea ball part because it's hidden in the stand (pot). Then you hook the cactus arm over the rim of your cup and let it steep. I used it to make some mint tea for Travalon, and it worked well!


I should have taken a picture of all the jewelry in the Pink Poodle shop! That would have been an awesome photo. So dazzling!


Famous Hat


No comments: