Thursday, August 20, 2020

Imperfect Rosaries

 

Tonight I got my hair cut for the first time since the pandemic started, then Travalon and I took a boat ride. We went to the marsh, where the lotuses are still blooming, but it was too weedy back there so we went toward the lake. Then the motor conked again so we had to paddle for a bit, but it did start again so we just went up and down the river. It was a beautiful evening.

After that I prayed with the indigo rosary from the Monona antiques shop, and I had to laugh because it has two Our Father beads between the second and third decades. I do have to count the beads on these antique rosaries because they are sometimes missing one or two, but this must have been an error when it was made. I have a subset of rosaries now that have mistakes, like one with four starting Hail Mary beads instead of three, or another that is missing the Our Father bead between the third and fourth decades. I find them kind of endearing. After all, who among us is perfect? I can relate to a rosary with an extra bead or two!

Here are some recent photos. First is a swallowtail butterfly that was flying along with my neighbor and me as we took our morning walk. Then it landed, so I took a photo of it.


Here are the chaplets I bought at the Guadalupe Shrine in LaCrosse: another rosary, a Guadalupe chaplet, and a Sacred Heart chaplet in a different configuration than the one I already have.


Here are the stuffed dog "Pablo" that I got in Mineral Point, and the Texaco teddy bear that Travalon got in LaCrosse.


And this is the mini Potosi billboard that lights up. Travalon found this at a different antiques shop in LaCrosse.
 

And finally, I got this some time ago at the big antiques mall in Baraboo. It's a little crystal castle.

Tomorrow we are heading back to Minocqua, so stay tuned to hear more about our adventures!


Famous Hat


No comments: