Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Ice Cream for the Home Team

 

Today Travalon and I bought ice cream to support the Forward football club. (That's soccer, for you Americans.) It was $10 for a waffle cone, which would be an outrageous price from an ice cream truck but seemed fine for a fundraiser... and then we each got a mini soccer ball and a plastic flamingo! So that seemed like a really good deal for just $10! I do miss the soccer games, because there was this group called "The Flock" who sang and played drums through the whole thing, and the crowd was amazingly diverse for lily-white Madtown. The team is playing in Wauwatosa, so we may go see them there, but I suppose with COVID restrictions the Flock will not be singing... Then we went home and played tennis for half an hour to work off all that ice cream.

Today I read a tweet by Cher about how she tried to volunteer to work at the post office, and they transferred her to a supervisor, who told her they don't take volunteers. I actually find it kind of adorable that she offered - like, if they won't let the postal carriers work overtime, let's roll up our sleeves and help them! I have no idea what she is like in real life, but she sounds endearing. Also, I noticed that, while she is routinely mentioned as a famous person with dyslexia, her tweets were a lot more coherent and orthographically correct than those  of the Twit in Chief. Why doesn't he volunteer to help the post office? I think we all know why...


Famous Hat


No comments: