Monday, August 17, 2020

Monday Night at Rock Lake

 

Today while I was working, Travalon went to check out a beach on Rock Lake, in Lake Mills. He told me it was wonderful, so after work we went there and swam. It was wonderful! The water is so clear that even when I was standing in it up to my chin, I could see my toes. The waves were almost as much fun as the ones in the ocean, and gulls kept flying overhead, so it almost felt like we were at the seashore. Then, as we drove back home, to my surprise Travalon suggested that we stop at the Schoenstatt Shrine and pray a Divine Mercy Chaplet. 

"You can pray that one on a regular rosary, right?" he asked. I didn't realize he knew that, but he's paying more attention than I thought. So we went to the Shrine, but there was a car in the parking lot with Texas license plates so we wondered if there was someone already in there. Sure enough, there was a youngish priest reading in there, so we didn't want to interrupt him by praying aloud. Instead, we went to the gazebo in the yard and prayed there. I had grabbed a missionary rosary, which has a different color for each decade to symbolize the different continents, so that seemed appropriate for the Divine Mercy chaplet, since we pray, "Have mercy on us and on the whole world." 

I do have to admit that I got a couple of new chaplets at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in LaCrosse. One is a chaplet to Our Lady of Guadalupe, which seems appropriate, and the other is a Sacred Heart Chaplet because the one I have is one of those homemade cord ones, and I have prayed it literally every night that I am in town for the last nine years, so I wanted another one in case it falls apart. They had some for sale at Marytown when we went there last summer, but I didn't get one then. I called them today to find out if they still had them, and they do, so I will be getting another one in the mail. After all, if I own enough rosaries to make a meta-rosary with enough layers to pray three sets of mysteries, then there's no reason I can't own three Sacred Heart Chaplets.


Famous Hat


No comments: