Saturday, August 1, 2020

Fun Day Close to Home


Sorry that I didn't blog yesterday. First Travalon and I played tennis, then we sat on the dock drinking adult beverages (and I used an adorable unicorn koozie), then I buzz-prayed with a huge, North Woods-style rosary, and then I talked to Tiffy. Here is a picture of the koozie.


Today Travalon and I watered my garden plot, and I got two radishes and some ground cherries from it. Then we walked the trail on Governor's Island, and after that we went to Patrick Marsh and tried to walk all the way around it. Unfortunately we got halfway around and hit a dead end, so we had to backtrack. We didn't see many birds other than swallows and one cormorant swimming, but we did see lots of interesting flowers. Here are some of the prettiest ones.

cardinal flower

blue vervain

berries of false Solomon's seal

On the way home, we saw this smiley face in the clouds! Travalon thought it looked like the Big Boy mascot, inspired by a kid named Richard Woodruff.


After that we went swimming at Warner Beach, and late tonight we will go to a drive-in movie at the Duck Pond. We're going to watch 42, a biopic about Jackie Robinson, so appropriately baseball-themed.

Famous Hat

No comments: