Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Working on a Rosary Rainbow

 

Yesterday I had an idea, inspired by the jewelry display at the Pink Poodle: I will sort my rosaries by color. I started this project last night and realized I have a lot of red rosaries, blue ones, clear sparkly ones, and black ones, but there are some colors that are really lacking in my collection, like yellow and orange. So this won't be a perfect rainbow, but it's still pretty.

Here are some recent photos. First, a picture of a lotus at Tiedeman Pond. Travalon took this picture.


I forgot to include this picture on my post about our trip to LaCrosse. On the way back we stopped at a rest area, and there was a historical marker that included this cool map of the Wisconsin River.


This pretty flower at Tiedeman Pond is called obedient plant or false dragon head.


There is another white hydrangea in our neighborhood, but it shows no signs of turning pink like the one did.


And this is the cardinal flower that is growing wild in my garden plot.


This is the Reggie White bobble head that Travalon won in the online auction. It's a special one to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the NFL.


And here are some more rosaries I have acquired lately. These are from the antiques store on Odana Road. From left to right, the one that felt like it was owned by a guy who had never used it, a Saint Kateri one, the one I got on my most recent trip to Odana, and one with a purple ribbon, which can be for Alzheimer's or for pancreatic cancer.


These are the two I got in Mineral Point. The one on the left is a pretty, pearly pink that didn't really come through in the photo. I used it to pray all four sets of mysteries on the way to LaCrosse.


The next two photos are the rosaries I got at the Monona antiques shop. They all seem to be white, purple, or blue, so not really helping with my lack of yellow and orange in the rosary rainbow.


Once I have "prayed in" all my new rosaries and gotten them into the meta-rosary, I will post a photo of it.


Famous Hat


No comments: